|Job Title||Business Development Representative- Service|
|Department||Business Development & Marketing|
|Reports to||VP of Sales & Estimating|
This job description is not meant to comprehensively list all of the duties and responsibilities required for an employee in this position. Instead, this job description provides a summary of the position, which outlines the main accountabilities, required experience and education, and general working conditions. It is our intention that this job description will form the basis for employee goal-setting and performance management.
Scope of the Position
The Business Development Representative will report to and work closely with the Business Development Manager and Vice President of Sales and Estimating. They will facilitate our Service Division in identifying new market opportunities and maintaining relationships with our existing partners. Bothwell-Accurate has a fun and family like environment with both competitive and unique benefits along with room for career advancement.
• Identify market opportunities through meetings, networking, and other channels
• Approach and deal with clients in both professional and social environments
• Build and maintain positive relationships with existing and potential clients
• Follow up with clients & prospects to consult and promote best methods of caring for their properties through our services
• Liase with colleagues to develop sales and marketing strategies
• Attend events such as exhibits, conferences, golf tournaments, lunch & learns, and other various industry events
• Prepare sales presentations and participate in sales meetings
• Plan client events and excursions
• Implement tactical and strategic marketing strategies
• Post-secondary education in a business or construction management related field is an asset
• Construction and Marketing education and/or training and background are key
• Technical training in roofing or related industry is an asset
• 3+ years of related experience in the roofing or related industry is required
• Experience within a high-volume construction environment
• Technical knowledge in roofing and construction industry
• Comfortable approaching and dealing with clients in both professional and social environments
Demonstrated competency in the following
• Self-Motivated & positive attitude
• Written and verbal communication
• Friendly, personable, and customer focused
• Client acquisition and retention
• Goal setting and forecasting
• Judgment and integrity in business decision making commensurate with this role
• Multi-tasking and balancing multiple demands, priorities, and functions.
• Time management
Much of the data and information you will come across is classified as secret, which is confidential. This position will be trusted with the highest level of confidential data/information and so integrity and confidentiality are of the utmost importance.
Contacts – Internal and External
• All employees
• Wide range of stakeholders including Real estate professionals, Developers, General Contractors, Consultants, and Suppliers
Personality and Environment
• Bothwell is a fast paced, growth-oriented environment.
• Our focus is on team efforts, shared information, cooperation and providing support where required
• A requirement for an unwavering commitment to personal ethics, integrity and honesty is a must
• Individuals with a positive attitude, a desire to learn and advance their career through experience, education, training, enhanced responsibilities and personal initiative are target employees.